Sunday, April 01, 2007

"Kern River Fishing Hole"


"Kern River Fishing Hole" 4" x 6" oil sketch
This was one of our favorite places to go during the hot California summers. We camp or rent a wonderful cabin in Coffee Camp, not too far up the road from here. There was a small sand beach and the water was deep enough to swim in without the treacherous rapids found in much of the Kern River. I don't do too many landscapes although I'm really a fan and could learn much by painting them more often. The light, perspective, atmosphere are both a challenge and a joy. I can competely understand the drive plein air painters have. In fact I just purchased a pochard, mostly to tote while giving workshops, but as soon as it stops raining I'd like to set it up on our deck, which overlooks a beautiful lake setting, and get to painting outdoors.
This sketch is $100 including S&H. To Purchase click here

No comments: