Wednesday, April 04, 2007

"Spring Bouquet"

"Spring Bouquet" 7" x 5" oil Sketch
These were Easter flowers from last year that I thought were so pretty. I don’t usually paint flowers but now that I’m doing these sketches I have found my reference expanding. Painting these will give my husband or daughter a reason for getting me a new bouquet this Easter…so yes there is madness and greed behind my painting.
I have a few set-ups that I’ll paint this week, on of which contains some dried white rosebuds from a bouquet my sister sent me. I am running out of patience with them and can’t wait to get back to the smell of oils. It’s not that I don’t appreciate the art of illustrations and am not proud when they are completed but right now I have so many other directions on my mind that it is hard to concentrate on them. I have managed to paint a couple of serious works to submit to shows.
This painting is $125 which includes S&H right now it’s in a nice gold frame which I can sell framed for $150. To Purchase click here.

No comments: