Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Pheasant"

"Pheasant" 3.5" x 5" oil Miniature

We occasionally have these beautiful, stately birds show up around our home but mostly, because we live in a wooded area, we see them in the fields a short ways from here. I'm doing a few studies such as this one to familiarize myself with them and would then like to do a large painting. I have some great reference of one with all of his gorgeous plumage. I'd love to get started on it but there are so many images on my plate that I'm not sure when I'll be able to begin.
The day is rainy today and looks to stay that way for a time. I have almost finished my taxes and have about another 2 weeks before I finish the illustrations for the chidren's book. Then a workshop in Wickenburg and a quick trip to Hawaii to visit my daughter. She's so much fun and I don't see her often enough so I can hardly wait. I'll try and come back refreshed (tough to do on the islands) and ready to get to work painting . I should get smart and make these trips in the winter when we're freezing here.
This is a miniature and sells for $225 including S&H. To purchase click here

No comments: