Sunday, June 29, 2008

I just found out I won the Betty King Wright Award at the Red River Valley Museum Art show in Texas for "Cradled in the Past". Love to win awards as they help confirm that my work is moving in the right direction. And cash awards are really terrific what with the cost of getting paintings framed, photographed & shipped not to mention the jury fees, etc. I've been spending large amounts on great, hand made frames for some of the originals & custom frames for others & I found a wonderful custom frame that I use on all of the prints.

I also finished revamping my web site. I felt it was getting tired & out of date. I hope those who visit like the new look. www.lindawalkerart.com

I've got to get back to my painting, I'm working on a calf (Buttons is our first calf - we just had another we named Bows & bought a young heifer my mother-in-law named Fancy). I'll probably do paintings of all of them this year.

This is the first stage oil drawing of 'Buttons' - isn't she adorable? I'll show the progression as I go.


No comments: