Sunday, January 14, 2007

Daily Painting - "Butterfly #II"

"Butterfly #II" oil 5" x 7"
This image background is not quite as blue as it looks here. I'll do some better photography on these in the next couple of days - I need to take the paintings up and reset up my photography lights. They got taken down when I was doing another project.
The butterfly family is Papilio demoleus found in the Philippines. A gorgeous insect, it was fun to paint. Because I was using black and yellow which turn green I did this in two sittings (or standings) instead of my usual one. I have another that is dark blackish brown and silvery that I'll do in the same way. I could do these in one sitting but I'd just start fighting it and not be as happy painting it.
Price is $100 (includes shipping). Click here to Purchase

No comments: