Friday, November 02, 2012

I had a few operations a couple of months ago, one being my right hand where they detached & then reattached the ligaments in my index finger. I wasn't able to paint but I did find that scratchboard, which I've been wanting to try for awhile, was easy to do. Somehow a world without art was not an option. My hand still looks bad but feels great now.

It's been a long while since I posted but have made a new resolution to re-begin posting. It's good for me to keep in touch with the artists around me.

I'm in California right now & will fly home next Friday. My husband & I are going to drive back to Cali for the holidays. We can stop & visit my daughter & see their new home in CO (with it's fabulous views) along with their new horses - can't wait! Will have to bring some very warm riding clothes. I also have plans to go to a couple of the wild horse sanctuaries to gather more reference.

 Had a terrific Oct. show in San Dimas. Really looking forward to the western show next April.

 I have had great news from the ARC (Art Renewal Center) that my 'Brahma Mama' made it as a finalist to the animal/wildlife division. This is a huge honor. 'Brahma Mama' has won a few major awards & it's going to the Women Artists of the West show in Texas. You can see an image of her & other goings on on my web site at www.lindawalkerart.com.


This is 'Gazelle' 7" x 5"; original sold at the Irving Museum show (I'll get more ambitious with the size when I get home). It's the second piece I did, the first on being "Ram" which is on my web site.



No comments: